Being a conductor of European standards and practices for their implementation in Bulgaria, BAPW is a member of the European Healthcare Distribution Association, the umbrella organisation for pharmaceutical full-line wholesalers and distributors of healthcare products and services in Europe. GIRP is an organization of pharmaceutical wholesalers in Europe. It represents the national associations of more than 600 wholesale distributors, serving 31 European countries. Through its distribution network, GIRP members are distributing pharmaceuticals for over € 100 billion a year. In carrying out their activities they ensure the highest standard of service and professional approach. GIRP members are reliable partners of manufacturers, pharmacists, healthcare organizations and, above all, patients, ensuring their safety and security.
As a responsible partner in the supply chain BAPW is a founder member of the Bulgarian Medicine Verification organization (BgMVO)
Bulgarian Medicines Verification Organisation (BgMVO) was established on 14 March 2016 in Sofia as a non-profit association to support the implementation in Bulgaria of Directive 2011/62/EU for preventing entry of falsified medicinal products into the legal supply chain.
The founders of the BgMVO are five organisations representing the stakeholders involved in the manufacturing and distribution of medicines – Association of the Research-based Pharmaceutical Manufacturers in Bulgaria, Bulgarian Generic Pharmaceutical Association, Bulgarian Association of Medicines Parallel Trade Development, Bulgarian Association of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers and Bulgarian Pharmaceutical Union.
The main purpose of the BgMVO is to ensure that patients are supplied with authentic medicinal products by building, operating and maintaining an effective drug verification system in the Republic of Bulgaria. BgMVO works in close collaboration with Healthcare authorities in Bulgaria.
In its capacity of an a branch organization initiated by the business, BAPW is a member of the representative business organization in the country – the Confederation of Employers and Industrialists in Bulgaria.
KRIB IS “THE VOICE OF THE BULGARIAN BUSINESS” THAT:
- produces three quarters of the country’s GDP;
- provides jobs to over 900 000 people;
- unites over 12 000 companies, which are members through individual or collective membership, among them the biggest companies in Bulgaria;
- accounts for more than three quarters of the exports of Bulgaria.
KRIB HAS A MISSION:
- to raise the competitiveness of the Bulgarian economy and the companies operating in Bulgaria;
- to be most effective in the process of improving the business climate in the country;
- to assist its members in sharing best business practices, benefiting from the EU membership, going regional and global;
- to encourage the corporate social responsibility best practices of its members.
KRIB IS AN ACTIVE PARTNER IN THE SOCIAL DIALOGUE:
- has representatives in the social dialog on national, sectoral, regional and European level;
- presents opinions on draft laws in the Bulgarian Parliament;
- is a member of the National Council for Tripartite Cooperation and its commissions;
- its Chairman is Deputy-Chairman of the National Council for Tripartite Cooperation.
KRIB HAS STRONG REGIONAL AND BRANCH STRUCTURES:
- operates 128 regional representations all over the country;
- unites 80 branch organizations in all economic sectors;
- has 11 intersectoral committees that coordinate the interests of its members.